The cane corso is very fond of outdoor games because of the amount of space where he can run and have fun, but he can also play at home quietly. You can use big dog toys, especially those that can be used for chewing and scratching, thinking to prevent him from scratching and chewing the pieces of the house.
You can also use the ball or the frisbee, these games are very useful to interact and socialize with your cane corso.
Intelligence games are very stimulating for your dog. They often have a hidden reward for them to search for. With these games, he will surely stay entertained while he is at home.
How to play with a cane corso
Among the recommendations for your cane corso dog when playing, we can highlight the following:
- Avoid inciting him to run or jump right after eating, as it could lead to vomiting, poor digestion or worse, stomach twisting. Wait at least an hour until the food is digested before starting the fun session.
- Heat shock is more frequent in large breed dogs, so it is best not to take him outdoors to play in bright sunshine and clear skies.
- Adapt the games according to the energy level of your cane corso, since not all have the same energy, but they should not stop playing and having fun, adapt the activities so that he does not feel exhausted, but not bored either.
- It is important to keep up to date veterinary appointments, where they also check his heart, to rule out any possible heart disease, which could change many things when it comes to play.
- Do not get your cane corso used to the fact that it is always time to play, these activities must be moderate, and it is in favor of the training that you impart to him.